How to Succeed and Win in a 30 Day Weight Loss Challenge
So you are joining a 30 day weight loss challenge? I first want to congratulate you for deciding to put your healthy first and concentrating on making a better you. Many people enter these weight loss challenges because they feel that it will keep everyone motivated. However, many of these challenges have people opt-out after the first week. Why? Poorly planned and executed diet and fitness regiment.
Proper Planning Makes Better Performance:
If your goal is to lose weight in a 30 day challenge, what should you do to properly plan for the challenge.
- Have an obtainable goal. Losing 50 pounds in a month isn’t going to happen, nor would it be healthy. If you are under 200 pounds, you should try to lose 1-3 pounds per week. If you are over 200 pounds, you should try to lose 3-5 pounds per week. That would make your total weight loss in the challenge between 4-20 pounds.
- How are you going to lose the weight? The weight isn’t going to just lose itself! You need two things to maximize weight loss. A. Meal plan (nutrition plan, or diet). B. Exercise Program.
- How many calories should I eat if I want to lose weight? I suggest you calculate your BMR. http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/ The Basal Metabolic Rate is the amount of calories your body needs (at rest) to maintain current weight. If you eat less than this, you will lose weight (typically).
- So you know your BMR, how do I make a meal plan? Check out my sample meal plans by calories: https://cardioandweights.com/2016/10/24/sample-meal-plans/. You can replace meats and vegetables with other healthy choices.
- You need an exercise plan. Do you belong to a gym? If so check out this sample 3 day a week workout I created: https://cardioandweights.com/2016/09/16/3-day-workout/ . Need something more advanced? Here is a 5 day workout schedule: https://cardioandweights.com/2015/09/17/2015-fall-workout-schedule/ If you are unable to go to a gym, here is an at home workout plan: https://cardioandweights.com/2016/10/24/do-it-at-home-workout/
What about Supplements?
Supplements can help you achieve greater goals, but they are not miracles. Here are some supplements that I recommend. If you order through link provided, you will receive free shipping!
M-Factor Hero or Goddess Multivitamin: The perfect multivitamin for weight loss and overall health. These capsules provide necessary vitamins, minerals, and herbs to help you succeed. https://1stphorm.com/a/products/multi-vitamins/mens/m-factor?a_aid=NutritionTrain
Level-1 Meal Replacement Protein: Do you work a stressful job or have trouble finding healthy meal choices for breakfast, lunch, and snacks? Level-1 Protein is a delicious shake that provides a quality meal with only 140 calories and 24 grams of protein that keeps you full and keeps your metabolism churning. I drink one with a banana each morning to keep me full, and at only $1.67 per meal, a lot cheaper and healthier than McDonalds. https://1stphorm.com/a/NutritionTrain/5a474429
Bliss Go Pack or Commander Go Pack: The Bliss Go Pack (for women) or Commander Go Pack (for men) are two of the most researched and proven fat burners on the market. What makes them different? 1st Phorm realizes that men and woman are built differently and need different vitamins, minerals, and other products to lose weight. Each are created to be maximally effective for each gender. They also burn fat 24 hours a day with three different products. Commander/Bliss are stimulant fat burners that control appetite and burn fat. Thyro-Drive helps you optimize hormone levels to burn fat faster. Opti-Core helps you sleep better and reduces cortisol. Combined these products will help you lose weight fast. Bliss Go Pack: https://1stphorm.com/a/NutritionTrain/3e6471bc
Commander Go Pack: https://1stphorm.com/a/NutritionTrain/055c8bfd
Fish Oil: Fish Oil helps keep your heart healthy, reduce inflammation, weight loss, and more. I suggest Full Mega from 1st Phorm for the highest quality of fish oil. https://1stphorm.com/a/products/health-wellness/fish-oil/full-mega?a_aid=NutritionTrain
Other items: Pre Workout (MegaWatt V2), Joint Support, and the Post Workout Stack can also be useful in challenges.
Thank you for reading and good luck with your weight loss in your 30 day challenge!
Personal Trainer and Sports Nutritionist